Concessions For the Blind
The Government of India as well as the State Governments and Corporations offer a wide variety of concessions and facilities to the visually impaired and they as follows:
- The government has granted a 75% concession by way of travel fare in second-class and first class rail coaches. Additionally, every blind individual is escorted in the long distance rail travel.
- Railway concessions for two tiers and three tiers A.C. coach as well as for the A.C. first class coach, excluding Luxury Trains.
- Concessions offered by various authorities for travel on local buses
- 50% Concessions for Air Travel on domestic flights of Indian Airlines.
- 50% Rebate on the telephone rentals
- Time concessions offered by certain Universities in Examinations.
- Various tax benefits
- Postal concessions